Grain Free Popcorn—Only Two Ingredients! (AIP, Paleo)
Once you start the paleo lifestyle, you quickly realize that pretty much all snacky foods are made with grains. Crackers, granola bars, pretzels, popcorn….
Sighhh……popcorn. Movie time has never been the same without it.
Until now, that is. I didn’t believe it until I tried it, but this recipe for “paleo-ized” popcorn is amazing. It doesn’t taste exactly like popcorn – it tastes better. The whole time we were eating this we were laughing at those poor, poor people eating their normal “corn” popcorn, because they have no idea how much deliciousness they are missing out on.
The only two ingredients are olive oil and cauliflower. I am not a fan of cauliflower, and I certainly didn’t believe that it could be made into a treat. But I’m so glad I tried it because it’s become one of my new favorite foods.
The best part of this recipe is that cauliflower and olive oil are two of the the healthiest foods you could eat.
Both olive oil and cauliflower:
-Boost heart health
So when you eat them both together you are getting a double whammy of goodness!
2 heads of Cauliflower (or a bag of cauliflower florets)
8 tablespoons of Olive Oil
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees
– Cut each cauliflower head into four pieces for easier handling
– Tear off florets in small pieces and place them in a bowl, and discard stems and the core
– Pour olive oil into bowl and mix with a spoon until coated evenly.
– Pour cauliflower into pan and sprinkle on salt
– Bake for 40 minutes, stopping halfway to flip cauliflower pieces. Taste test them to see if they are crispy enough. If they aren’t, then flip them one more time and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
Now that you have the popcorn, its time to start brainstorming flavor ideas!!!